- First you will have to fill in the online form with track information, mastering requirements and song references.
- Then you will be redirected to the Paypal Payment section. You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay for TailorMade Mastering services, as the Paypal site will let you make payment directly using any valid credit or debit card.
- Once payment is completed, you will be directed to upload your tracks.
- When payment and tracks are received we will send you an acknowledgement by e-mail.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to order?
How to get a free test?
- Just click here. After filling in the simple form with your requirements and song reference you will be redirected to the Upload section.
- No registration is required
- We’ll send you your mastered track within 7 days
How long will it take?
- It depends on the current studio backlog, but generally speaking the turnaround time is around 5 working days.
- Feel free to drop us an email if you need fast delivery.
How to prepare my files?
- Resolution should be at least 44.1kHZ / 16 bits with no dithering.
- Your files must be sent in lossless format (.wav or .aiff). No MP3!
- Tracks should be named in this way : ArtistName-AlbumName-TrackNumber-TrackName-ExportDate.wav
How should I prepare my mix?
- First you have to check that there is no limiter or compressor on the master bus. It is best to keep the master buss free of outboard processing or plugins
- The loudest part in a mix should peak at no more that -3db on the master bus (or at least no clipping).
- Eliminate the noise on your tracks as best as you can (background noise, pops, vocal sibilance) using fades and deesser.
What is the mix review?
- It is a technical checkup and review of your mix. If necessary, you will receive a report detailing any detected issues and proposing suggested changes to make the mix sound better.
- It is very helpful and beneficial to the music as small changes during re-mixing can improve the final master dramatically.
How can I give my requirements?
- When you ask for a free test or when you order you will be able to fill in a dedicated form.
- You should also feel free to give us detailed instructions and express it in your own words. If we have further questions we will contact you.
- We highly recommend you provide a song or album reference to ensure your satisfaction. When you give us a song/album reference please state what it is you like in this song/album.
Who will be mastering my songs?
- Emmanuel de Saint Méen will master your songs himself in his own studio located in Britanny (FRANCE).
What format will my tracks be delivered back in?
- We will deliver your mastered tracks as industry standard 16 bit / 44.1khz WAV files. This is fine for most digital stores, including iTunes.
- If you are having CDs professionally manufactured, you can ask us for DDP Master files for free. (see “What is a DDP image” below)
How safe are my files and payment?
- Payment is handled by Paypal using highly secured standard 128bit SSL secured encryption.
- File Transfer is handled by MailBigFile using TLS encryption (Transport Layer Security).
- Your files won’t remain in the cloud. They will be stored in our local server.
What are ISRC codes and where can I get them from?
- The ISRC (International Standard Recording Code) is the international identification system for sound recordings and music video recordings. Each ISRC is a unique and permanent identifier for a specific recording, independent of the format on which it appears (CD, audio file, etc) or the rights holders involved. Only one ISRC should be issued to a track, and an ISRC can never represent more than one unique recording.
- You can apply for ISRC codes at your local ISRC agency. Please visit http://isrc.ifpi.org/en/contact/national-agency-contacts
- Distribution companies (e.g. “CD Baby”) can also provide ISRC codes for your tracks.
What is a DDP image?
- DDP is a special file type that you can send to a CD pressing plant, from which they duplicate your CD.
- The DDP format contains all the data and codes from a CD master and is specially designed for a safe and error free transfer from mastering studio to replication plant. This is now the industry standard way to send CD masters online.
- We can create a DDP image for you if you request it in the order form. It’s free of charge and included in EP and LP mastering bundles.
- Keep in mind that a regular studio or home computer will not be able to open or listen to a DDP image – so please request it only if you need it.
What is Remastering and do you offer it?
- Thanks to today’s more advanced technology we can use modern techniques to master old songs and albums and give them a new life.
- Better results are reached when the customer provide the “Master Bus” track without any processing. This way the process is the same as Mastering, it is just like making an alternative version.
- We can also work on existing commercial records. As it is a sensitive work please contact us by email before ordering.
How do I credit you on the album artwork?
- Mastering credits should be “Mastered by TailorMade Mastering”
- TailorMade Mastering is a company registered under French law with registration number 817.757.446.00015
- Please check our “General terms and conditions of sale” to learn more